Forum Discussion

adambaack_13393
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 30, 2016
Solved

Exchange 2013 iApp - Block Activesync except from one IP

Have only used the iApp templates with their defaults in the past but now I'm needing to allow only one IP to ActiveSync to it. We are using MobileIron for mobile devices and I want to only allow MobileIron to talk to the F5 for ActiveSync traffic. I believe they will be pointing their MobileIron server to the F5 VIP.

Any easy way to do this? I've seen one post with code for an iRule to 'block' all activesync traffic but not allow only one IP.

This is what I was referring to:

when HTTP_REQUEST {
    switch -glob -- [string tolower [HTTP::path]] {
        "/microsoft-server-activesync*" {
            drop
        }
    }
}
  • Hi,

You are right, find a corrected irule below :

when HTTP_REQUEST {
        if { [string tolower [HTTP::path]] eq "/microsoft-server-activesync" and !([IP::client_addr] eq "x.x.x.x") } {
        drop
        }
       }

16 Replies

• Hi,

You have an option in the VS to specify allowed source addr. You can also define an irule :

when HTTP_REQUEST {
        if { !([IP::client_addr] eq "x.x.x.x") } {
        drop
        }
       }

adambaack_13393
      Would that not restrict all applications (OWA, OA, AS)? I just want ActiveSync restrict to the MobileIron IP Address. All other applications (OWA, OA) need to be unrestricted to the outside.
  • Hi,

You have an option in the VS to specify allowed source addr. You can also define an irule :

when HTTP_REQUEST {
        if { !([IP::client_addr] eq "x.x.x.x") } {
        drop
        }
       }

adambaack_13393
      Would that not restrict all applications (OWA, OA, AS)? I just want ActiveSync restrict to the MobileIron IP Address. All other applications (OWA, OA) need to be unrestricted to the outside.
  • Hi,

when HTTP_REQUEST {
        if { [string tolower [HTTP::path]] eq "/microsoft-server-activesync" and !([IP::client_addr] eq "x.x.x.x") } {
        drop
        }
       }

adambaack_13393
      Not to sound like a complete idiot, but I don't have a ton of familiarity with iRules. To implement this, I would have to uncheck 'strict updates' in the Application Services? I see where I can create the iRule but how would I apply it to the Exchange iApp?
      Yann_Desmarest
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
      Hi, you are right. You need to uncheck strict update on the iapp, then apply the irule in the resource section of your VS configuration
      adambaack_13393
      Would this also work? I noticed in the iApp if I choose advanced there is an area where it says 'Do you want to add any iRules to this combined virtual server?' and it lists all the iRules. Can I just select the newly created iRule and not have to uncheck 'strict updates?'
  • Hi,

when HTTP_REQUEST {
        drop
        }
       }

adambaack_13393
      Not to sound like a complete idiot, but I don't have a ton of familiarity with iRules. To implement this, I would have to uncheck 'strict updates' in the Application Services? I see where I can create the iRule but how would I apply it to the Exchange iApp?
      Yann_Desmarest_
      Icon for Nacreous rankNacreous
      Hi, you are right. You need to uncheck strict update on the iapp, then apply the irule in the resource section of your VS configuration
      adambaack_13393
      Would this also work? I noticed in the iApp if I choose advanced there is an area where it says 'Do you want to add any iRules to this combined virtual server?' and it lists all the iRules. Can I just select the newly created iRule and not have to uncheck 'strict updates?'